Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Leaf


I
Green and pretty
sun shining through
II
Wind blowing
Leaves swirling and spinning
III
Autumn comes
and kills the leaves
dead and brown
and falling from the trees
Some unlucky soul
ends up having to pick up the leaves
IV
In a forest
lay blankets of leaves
Natural bed and canopy
V
I hate the leaves, its
smell of nature
unlike civilized concrete
VI
floating on the wind
a ship on a journey
unlike the ship, its
destination is unknown
VII
crinkle, crinkle
in my fingers
and to my amusement
crinkle beneath my feet
VIII
The forest is a
passage into
mystery and adventure
but the Key
is hidden beneath
a leaf
IX
Beneath a leaf
on top a leaf
in between
a leaf

X
And on the stream
it is floating by
over fish and rocks
under sun and moon
it is off to find…
XI
In this desert
I wish to find
any real sign of life,
a leaf
XII
a leaf
alive or dead
is still just a leaf
XIII
Through a window
I see it blown
many tumble and stumble
while a few cling onto
the tree, their life
and until the last does stumble
I will never fall

No comments:

Post a Comment